Friday, May 29, 2009

Funny Friday


So after the five and a half hour MCAT test, a double date was in store for the evening. Mama Pam took the boys and we were off to dinner and a movie. Jana warned me to stop drinking so much water at dinner, especially because we were headed to a movie after, but I was feeling like a camel so I kept drinking. By the time we made it to the theater I was basically dragging Sam, telling him if he didn't walk faster I was going to pee my pants (and we all know when I say that I am not 'just kidding'). Jana and Chuck were a few paces behind us, and then I noticed that they had disappeared as we were heading into Edwards Cinema. I immediately looked for the bathroom, but unfortunately you have to purchase a ticket before you are allowed to pee in this theater, so we rushed to the ticket line. We looked at the movie times and unfortunately (again) we had mixed up the Star Trek time with either a different theater or different movie because the one we had planned on seeing was not available. And with Jana and Chuck no where to be found (they were in the outdoor mall bathroom which Sam had told me I should use but I was trying to be picky) I relented and speedily walked/ran to them and the bathroom.

As I was entering the bathroom I noticed an arcade to my left, where Chuck was standing and looking in. Right across was some random hallway which I quickly passed, followed by the boys bathroom which had no door, just a little curved hallway so you couldn't see directly in, and then the womens hallway with the same kind of curving entrance. I passed Jana on my way in, said hi, and then luckily, for the sake of not having to immediately go home, made it on time. I washed my hands like a good person and then exited the bathroom. As I re-entered the hallway I saw Jana and Chuck both looking into the arcade, but no Sam where I had left him. I heared some flushing toilets in the boys bathroom so my first thought is, oh man, I am going to scare Sam when he comes out (and also hurray that I beat him). I whispered over to Jana, because I didn't want Sam to hear, to check if Sam was in the bathroom. She just looked at me with a weird smile laugh, and since I am clueless and don't catch on very fast, I returned to my post and waited for him to emerge. I heard him walking out, so I got ready, and as soon as I saw him coming I screamed BOO as loud as I could.

The good news: I scared him really bad. He gasped, grabbed his heart, and said "Oh my."

The bad news: It definitely was not Sam. It was some random dude that was playing in the arcade and just wanted to use the bathroom in peace.

Sam, that little stinker, was hiding behind the corner, down that little hallway, waiting for me to walk past so he could scare me. I don't think things could have gone any better for him. As for me? I was kind of embarrassed. Everything happened so fast I almost didn't have time to apologize to the poor sucker that had to walk past me. I hollered sorry at his back as he was walking back into the arcade. Jana and Sam were basically on the floor laughing their heads off, Chuck was probably pretty embarrassed to be with two immature people that still think its funny to scare each other well into adulthood. And I wanted to be mad at Sam for making me scare a stranger...but who could be mad after seeing the look on that poor scared guy's face.

6 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

That is a good story. hahhehhee...

Leslie said...

And I thought you were so quiet and shy when we first met. Funny Fridays are certainly setting me straight!

Jana said...

Oh, man, thanks for letting me relive that; I think I'm laughing just as hard remembering it! I was so torn between telling you where Sam was and just letting it all play out how it would . . . I'm glad I went with that option. My favorite was how triumphant your "BOO!" sounded, like you were so excited that you got him. I bet that poor guy pays closer attention when he leaves bathrooms now :)

jayna said...

Ok, this made me laugh out loud. Not easy to do after the long day I had, so thanks for that. Your marriage is obviously based upon all the things that I hold dear...getting even, torture, embarrassment...

Unknown said...

Terri, you made me pee a little with laughter if that helps! You are so funny I wish you guys lived here so we could see these hilarious events in person! well done!

Ben said...

I'm glad it was you, not me :) I'm sure the guy will never forget the incident either!