On Thursday we trekked north towards Boise. We arrived early, checked into our hotel, and tried to have a relaxing evening. We got to bed early, (or at least tried to sleep over the screaming drunk girl party across the hall) woke up early, ate some breakfast, and then I dropped a nervous Sam off at the Prometric testing center so he could take his mcat. Five and a half hours later I picked him up and the fun began...
Friday night Grandma Pam babysat the boys so we could go on a double date (dinner and a movie). We had a lot of fun, a lot of laughs (a good portion at my expense) and you can read all about it on Friday.
Saturday started off with some yard work

Chuck, Sam, and Clyde loaded and unloaded a ton of dirt for a nice flower bed under the front window while Jana weeded the front flower patch.
I sneakily avoided all the work

by claiming I had to take pictures and tend to the children :)
Sam enjoyed climbing the tree of his youth.
A little bit scared when he realized how far up he was :)
And here he is swinging from the branches in between the few hours of yard work.

Trying to get in touch with his inner monkey, and totally unaware of how sore his arms were going to be the next day.
And of course we had to make a trip to the candy store.
This little guy was in heaven with me. We also found out he doesn't really like to chew candy, he just swallows it. How we found out? We gave him a giant gummy shark then started strapping him into his car seat. Ten seconds later he was asking for more. Sure that he must have dropped the other one Sam searched for the shark while I handed him a penguin and I watched him swallow it after one chew. His poor tummy...it probably took a week to digest all that gummy candy.
That evening we headed to the park for a picnic dinner and fun with Papa Braden

there was volleyball, frisbee, football, tennis, and the playground to burn off all that delicious pizza we ate.
Sam playing some tennis with his Pops.
Who is a tennis pro and can take Sam any day :)
We also played doubles against Chuck and Jana who kicked our butts
It was mostly my fault we lost, but I want to blame it on these socks for distracting me.
Here is Sam getting in some good practice pushing the little guys on the swings.
So sad, yet hilarious to watch this little guy run around with his little purple cast.
We read lots of books

And watched a few movies
in an effort to distract the boys from wanting to get tossed around because my arms were so sore.
And then Monday morning, Memorial Day, we decided to go out shooting.

Here is Sam trying to teach me what to do. And apparently it worked because I shot two of the clay discs out of the air. Wahoo!!!
And here are the boys having a shooting contest.
I think Chuck won. It was a bad weekend for us and winning against team Izatt.
We had lots of fun visiting family and getting the mcat out of the way.
Another successful trip to Boise.

4 comments:
Ooh, I love the cliffhanger; I'll definitely check back on Friday :)
Sam in the tree was pretty funny. I was impressed he lasted as long as he did dangling from that branch!
Yay for a fun weekend - thanks again for visiting us! It's definitely our turn to come to you next, what does your schedule look like next week? (Mostly kidding . . . )
I love how Clyde's eating his PB&J in the candy store.
And WTH is up with people? Go private. Then they'll be sorry :)
Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats to Sam with getting the MCAT over. Wahooo! I love those socks. Good excuse for losing at tennis :)
i like the movie playing in the back ground at the candy store...its wonkavision
Post a Comment