Thursday, May 14, 2009

Engagement Anniversary???

After a long anticipated weekend in Boise (two years ago) I finally got my ring (well my fake ring. My real ring was not done, and stayed that way till 6 months? after our wedding). The wedding date may or may not have already been set, the temple called, and the arrangements already on the go, but I did not have my official proposal until this day (two years ago).

We had gone up to Boise for the weekend. I had my ideas that this trip was going to be special (Sam told me during an argument a few weeks before because I was frustrated he had not proposed yet and we had everything else in place.) I kept trying to guess different circumstances where he would pop the question, but as the weekend continued to fly by, none of them panned out the way I had planned out in my head. Sunday night we were getting ready to drive back to Utah, and to say the least I was really disappointed in him. I just decided to go to bed early (possibly scratch the whole wedding) and get ready for our morning drive.

Monday morning I was awakened by a text message from a secret source telling me to check my bag. There was a video recording of a mission I was supposed to complete (being a secret agent is my life long dream). I had to get showered and ready (because he knows I would not go anywhere unless I was), then check the mailbox. The mailbox told me to pack up my bags (all liquids inside) and then start walking up the street. As I started walking, I rounded the corner and a strange man (Quinner Binner) took me to breakfast, then dropped me off at the airport. Super confused, I roamed around the airport until I ran into a Jana Banana, who gave me my plane ticket. I checked in, she walked me to the gate, then we gave our hugs and said our goodbyes. I found Sam at the gate who told me we were headed to Seattle for the next four days!!!

Sam tried to be super sneaky by calling my work and trying to get the days off for me, but knowing my work, of course I was scheduled to work every single one of those days. I called in kind of nervous and prepared to quit, but within a half hour all my shifts were covered, so we boarded our plane, flew for a half hour or so, and then we were in our Seattle adventure.

Not the cutest picture, but the only one of the plane ride.

When we arrived in Seattle we hung out at the airport for a few minutes...

took weird pictures in front of bars, then Sam's Aunt Sage came and picked us up.

We hung out with her, ate some lunch, talked a bunch, and then she dropped us off here...

at Pikes Place, where we handed our camera to strangers so they could take our pictures, and walked around the market place.

After walking around for awhile, Sam led me toward the harbor, and onto a ferry ride across the bay...

here we are boarding

And heading across the river for dinner

Sam with his picture perfect smile

and me, just proud of myself that I kept my eyes open

even if the rest of my face is squished.

Now, it was on this boat ride back that Sam had originally planned to propose. It was perfect. I was full from dinner so least likely to be grumpy, the sun was setting, the Seattle sky line was our front view, but of course Sam left the ring in his luggage, which was in the car at his Aunt and Uncles house. He told me what he did, we had a good laugh, I only rolled my eyes a little at Sam for pulling a Sam, and then I forgave him because everything else had been perfect.

The next morning he asked if I wanted to go "on a walk"

I skeptically agreed because I knew what he was doing and I wanted to make him more nervous than he already was (I know, I am mean).

We walked along some back trails, everything was green and pretty, he took me to a park, we sat on the bench overlooking the water, he got down on his knee

and gave me this, my fake ring which did not really fit, was kind of what I wanted, but which I took with a smile because I finally was officially engaged. (Oh he may have said some other stuff about loving me a lot and wanting to marry me.)

Here was the first shot of us engaged

No strangers this time. Just the camera timer and the seemingly fake background.

The rest of the week was spent touring Seattle, having fun and enjoying the weather. It did not rain once when we were there.
Oh, we also found The New Sam...

And a little bit of The Old Sam

And a lot of The Crazy Sam

There were some bad smells that I inevitably found


We ate dinner with Sam's Uncle David and Aunt Sage in the restraunt on top of the Space Needle

It was delicious and the best spinning view. A great way to watch the sun set.

And then, unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to this cute house and Sam's cute Aunt.

We were off to the airport and back to real life in Utah. Maybe one day we can go back. I'll probably add another Seattle trip to my ongoing list of presents.

So May 14th should have been the date, but the ring fiasco officially turned it to the 15th, so maybe I will just claim both days...
Happy Engagement Anniversary Sam.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You are the cutest couple!! Happy Whatever you decide to claim!

the Allers said...

If it makes you feel better, I had a fake ring for awhile too, with similar annoyance/anticipation for the real deal. In hindsight, I'd wished I'd stuck with the faker, and used the cash we would have saved, cause I hardly wear it....

Jana said...

Happy engagement anniversary! So glad I could be a part of the spy mission; Sam was pretty cute planning it all out.