Friday, April 24, 2009

Connie's Birthday....Shout Hooray!

When you are the oldest kid in the Galeria family, a lot of things happen:

1. You turn out to be a pretty cute baby even though you cried a lot, making mom want more kids and giving the rest of us a chance to be born.
2. You get to go to school first while Rob and I had to stay home.



3. You always got control of the remote, and the ability to choose to watch shows like Rescue 911 and Chips (Erik Estrada! Ya you all know you watched it too)
4. You develop a lot of responsibility early on and never miss a day, or show up late to early morning seminary. And you let me have it if its my fault we are running behind.



5. You learn to drive first, and never live down the first accident.
6. Or the time you hit that duck on the way to seminary. Boy did those feathers fly :)



7. You learn to study hard, and set the bar high with your almost masters in nursing, making my political science degree and sushi serving look bad.
8. You learn to vacuum the house and clean the bathrooms well, unlike the younger kids.
9. You get really used to always having little people around you to boss :)



10. You learn really fast how great dining plus really is, so that you can take advantage of it when it's my freshmen year and I have it.
11. You always get to be the teacher when we play school.
12. You get to go to high school first, and teach mom that it's okay for us to join sports' teams.



13. You get all the new clothes, while the rest of us girls just get hand-me-downs.
14. You somehow mastered the early to bed early to rise shenanigans that fell on deaf ears when it was taught to me.
15. Yet, you also learned to sleep through anything, including fire alarm sirens set off right outside your room, that time I almost burned our house down.
16. You've learned to be the best big sister I could ask for.



17. And hopefully you have learned forgiveness, so that you won't hate me for posting this picture of you. It is my all time favorite and makes me smile every time I see it :)

Happy Birthday Connie!!!! We Love You!!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

So, honestly, I was waiting all day for this; I LOVE seeing the cute little Galeria children pictures. I can't believe how different you two looked right from the get go - and those matching pinkish/purplish turtlenecks and headbands are too sweet :)

Connie sounds like she's been a fabulous oldest child/sibling. Happy birthday Con!

Connie and Brandon said...

hahaha...thanks! Love you:)