Wednesday, April 29, 2009

21st Century, Here We Come

With almost two years of marriage under our belt, we have experienced a few holidays, birthdays and celebrations that involve gifts. My loving Sam, bless his heart with his wonderful intentions, has vocally gifted me quite a list of items over this time....

two wedding bands to balance my engagement ring
a kitchen table
a gorgeous picture of the San Diego Temple
tivo
a Melting Pot dinner

All of which I am still waiting for, at least until today. My Graduation/Easter/Valentine/Birthday present has finally arrived!!! (we are choosing to overlook the fact that I have been done for quite awhile, these holidays are long over, and my birthday is coming up sooner as opposed to just past)



I can finally watch my shows on the big screen, instead of coming to terms with missing them or sticking in head phones and watching them on the computer!!!! Hurray!!! We are in the big leagues now.
(And I will take my present and not even care about the fact that there are more of his soccer games getting recorded at the moment than my shows.)

For all you husbands out there, Sam is on to something great. He gets to use the same gift as multiple presents, and does not have to spend any money at all. And I guess I always have a someday to look forward to.

Here's to looking forward to the day when I finally receive the rest of my list of presents.

6 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

Good job Sam for finally getting the tivo! I am still waiting for the kitchen table so we don't have to eat on the couch anymore.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I am so jealous that you have a tivo! That's awesome! Sam is so thoughtgul! What a good hubby you have Ü

Bianca said...

yay! now you will never miss anything. i can't wait for your wedding bands too :)

Jana said...

Congratulations! Our DVR has changed my life.

The Nasmans said...

Right there with ya. There are lots of "somedays" around here too :) BTW I am jealous of your tivo :P

Christa said...

TiVo has changed my life.