Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cookie Hunt

Internal Medicine in November has its perks, for Sam at least. Apparently long hours are more than made up for by free food. Interview season brings platters of food and treats that all gets tossed at the end of the day, so my poor medical student happily snatches up a few things to surprise the girls. 

And of course in Sam fashion he takes the surprise to a whole new level. It started on Tuesday while Bails was at school. Hazel came running to me so excited as she handed me this package while begging "pwease." It was 10 am but I didn't have the heart to say no to her cute little voice so I opened it up and gave her one cookie. She thanked me and then ran off to play.
An hour later, as I was loading the baby up for pre-school pick up Hazel came to me pleading once again with a new package of cookies. I looked up and found a third one hanging out of the VCR (yes we still own one of those contraptions). I texted Sam to ask what was up with all of these cookies around the house and he excitedly responded, oh good! They found them all.
 
 
This cookie hunt has continued for weeks. Oreos, Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, mini boxes of cereals, snack well cookie cakes...you name it and it has been hidden in toys. The girls expect it every morning they go on the hunt and find their treasures before 7 am; at which point I get to be the bad guy and tell them not right now, maybe later.

No comments: