My phone has been missing since the beginning of December. After about a week of it missing I knew it was lost because I actually took the time to look for it and could not find it (Yes it did take me a week to actually start looking for it and it was only this soon because of Sam's constant nagging). By the end of our Christmas vacation I just counted it as lost forever and chalked it up to one of the children finding a solid hiding spot or me dropping it on an errand. That is until I was washing the dishes tonight and witnessed a little mini Hazel walk over to the trash can and throw away a toy. I opened up the can to retrieve it and found two more toys on top.
That is about the time I called in some reinforcements. I do not do stinky trash cans and I figured Sam is going to have to see some pretty disgusting things in his career so he may as well get used to it now. He managed to find a few more toys at the bottom of the trash bag including that stupid magic wand that malfunctioned all night long. I do regret saving that one.
Since the incident we have retrieved countless other items from the trash can and have noticed quite a few of our leap frog magnet letters missing from the fridge. I am also going to blame Hazel for throwing my phone away; not because I have proof, but just because I can. I vaguely remember Bails going through this stage, but our only real true loss was possibly the purple sippy cup. I would just like to go on record and say that before I had children I never broke or lost a single phone; and now that I have been a mother for two and a half years I am on my fifth phone; brain cells and phones are being lost at a rapid rate in this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment