Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Cherry Orchard

Saturday afternoon a group of us headed out to Emmett to pick some cherries in an orchard.
Bailey must have inherited the hard working gene from my Mom or someone that is not me because the child was non-stop running around picking every cherry in sight despite the scorching hot weather. I on the other hand resorted back to my old BYU pruning crew days and maybe picked 1 or 2 cherries the entire time (which goes right along with maybe cutting 1 or 2 branches the entire year I was on that landscaping crew). Hazel and I just mostly followed around the little monkey and held her bucket o cherries.
 Hazel attempted to help by trying to grab and eat a few leaves. I am pretty sure she also didn't make a single peep the entire time we were there despite it being so hot. She was such a trooper with her pink flushed cheeks and all.
 
Sam was also a little hard working trooper taking all the pictures and scoping out all of the trees with the yummy yellow and light red/orange cherries and raiding them.
The two of them were quite the sight breaking into a huge sweat by the time we were all done. 
 And when her and Will resorted to picking up the cherries off the ground we finally called it quits. I had to bribe the little rugrat to come back to the car with me so she could replenish her bodies water supply and sit in the air conditioned car. 
 Grandpa Braden was so sweet and picked up the tab for everyone's cherries.
 Thanks so much for the fun outing everyone. 

No comments: