Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

I am pretty sure pinterest will be the end of both Sam and I. Sam is so sick of me getting crazy craft project ideas and trying to re-make them. He constantly tells me that it doesn't matter how poor we are, he would rather buy the item then try to make it. I always glared at him until this time; and now I think he may be onto something.

I saw a cute idea to turn a deck of cards into 52 reasons why I love Sam. It looked simple enough so I decide to make it. Wrong. I ordered some cute cards, enlisted Dana's help to make the reasons on powerpoint, and then came up with my list. It was all coming together perfectly until I tried to print. Our printer is a piece of garbage to say the least. I tried all day and couldn't make it work so I just decided to save my slides and ask Sam to fix it when he got home. Next thing I know my saved slides are missing, Sam is at Wal Mart at midnight trying to get new ink cartridges, and I am ready to throw every piece of technology in our house out onto the driveway. Good thing Sam saved the day (and his most favorite present he has ever received). At this point in time I have sworn off all pinterest crafty ideas. We will see how long this lasts.
Bailey was in heaven opening up her gift bag from Dad. The lucky lady scored more gifts than both me and Hazel put together (not sure if this means she is Sam's favorite???)
Pretty sure I made Sam promise me to never buy her a sucker again. I'm not sure if her stomach or shirt got more of that sugary drool.
Who doesn't love Dora stickers?
And of course it wouldn't be a present from Daddy unless there was something that you could shoot around the room.
Little Hazel's loot...a few new binkys for Bailey to eventually steal I am sure.
And of course the day wouldn't be complete without her present from Jack. Sam texted me while at school that Jack's Dad had given him Bailey's valentine. He then told me what it was (a rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate) and I was pretty sure the thing would never make it home.

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that is so cute that sam gave little valentines to all of his girls!! love it!

p.s. i am with you - jax will never have another sucker again since the dum-dum episode at my work a few weeks ago! yuck! what a sticky mess!!!