Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Candy, Candy, Cotton Candy...

It is a Galeria side of the family thing (and more particularly a Sugiyama family trait??) to love candy. My mom was always buying treats for us to kids to fight over and gobble down. Even when you thought there was no junk food in the house, all you had to do was look hard enough in some of the drawers in her room and you would find bags of candy bars and other delicious treats.
I too love candy. I will pass on the cookies, cakes, and pies if you will give me a big bag of skittles or licorice. Even just walking down the candy isle and staring at the shelves of pretty colors and delicious treats makes me happy.
Well it is already obvious my little baby picked up my candy gene. After her shots she had a fever and she was more than happy to down a dose of tylenol (Sam tried some and said it was so sugary all the granulates weren't even dissolved).

There was also an open house at the fire station a few blocks away. Bails and I walked over in the morning with all the neighborhood friends to check out the fire trucks. They were giving away cotton candy and popcorn to everyone. I couldn't fight my craving so I grabbed a cotton candy. I may or may not have let Boopers suck a little off my finger and she made sure to lick it clean.
Then we went back that evening with our little scout-a-roos. Once again I couldn't fight the temptation. And since Sam is a sucker for popcorn I was willing to trade my popcorn for his cotton candy, taking my count to three cotton candies for the day (and no I don't even feel bad about it). I also may or may not have let Sam see how much our little chunkster loves cotton candy (possibly taking her sugar count to half her body weight, which is not an easy task).
What can I say. Sugar makes us happy.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that's a cute picture of you two!!! sugar makes me soooo happy too!!! but i'll take the cookies and pies ON TOP OF the sugary candy :)

Potters said...

I'm glad she loves the cotton candy, it's good for her.