Monday, March 22, 2010

Test Drive, Braden Style...

After almost three years of begging for a kitchen table, Sam finally caved and got me one! Thank you craigslist for the sturdiest table with 6 decent chairs for a price so low that even Sam couldn't make up an excuse opposing the purchase.

The next step, getting it to our house...and without a truck to our name this became a problem. Usually we can bum off our friends (thanks Ash and Jeff), but sometimes you begin to feel guilty. So Sam got to thinking and decided the best thing to do would be to "test drive" a large truck and see how well it tows a table and chairs.
Sound shady? Yes it was, and I was worried the entire time I would get a call from jail asking me to come bail out my Sam. But more importantly, did it work? Yes it did. The large truck drove well, was good at towing, but I guess wasn't exactly what Sam was looking for so after getting the table to our house, back to the bank it went with no offer.

Now the next step, convincing Sam to help me sand and spray paint the table since the toxic fumes probably won't mix well with growing Bailey. Good luck to me with that one.

4 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I'll help paint it next week! I'm actually pretty good at that! BTW, did Sam delete my comment about him being an Osmond? All I said was that I'd been telling him he was cute for years!

Jana said...

I still can't believe he did that; it makes me laugh so hard! Don't worry when we're best friends/neighbors, y'all can borrow our truck anytime! (If it's still running by then . . . )

The Nasmans said...

Ben told me about this and it took him forever to spit the story out because he was laughing so hard =) Absolutely love it. Nice Sam.

mama izatt said...

Necessity is the mother of invention.