Friday, June 12, 2009

Funny Friday


The first time this happened we were dating. This particular night we were on a group date with Sam's roommates at their place. The pizza was ordered and there were no drinks. Since Sam and I were involved with part of the set up (little Quinner Binner with a much taller girl, oops) we decided to run to the store while the others mingled. As we were walking out the door I asked Sam if he had his wallet. He immediately answered yes. I then responded with "are you sure, I am leaving my purse here so I don't have any money with me." He assured me he had sufficient funds and we were off. As we are checking out the teller scanned our items and then announced our total. I turn to Sam who had a blank stare on his face, like he was deep in thought. He turned to me and said he didn't have his wallet. Are you kidding me?

Lucky me got left behind at the store, sitting there with our groceries, as Sam ran back home to get his wallet. Why he had to run all the way home? Because the emergency stash of cash I keep in my ash tray was lovingly spent on "emergency donuts and slurpees at 7-11." Some of the most humiliating minutes of my life. Why I was the one that got to stay behind, I am still not sure.

This past Wednesday afternoon I was feeling hungry. Sam was approaching his break time at work, so I decided to visit him so he could keep me company while I ate. As I was driving to him he told me to pick up some food so I could eat with him while in the car. I declined his offer with a new proposition for him to come with me to get food so he could pay for my sandwich. He accepted, and next thing I knew I was ordering my 5 dollar foot long. As the girl is ringing up my order I once again turned to Sam who had that all too familiar blank stare while deep in thought. Unfortunately yes, he did it to me again, and once again I got left behind in the ghetto subway on 9th east while he ran back to his work van to get his wallet.

And he wonders why I often force him to show me his wallet as we are walking out the door...
Sam, it is because your word of having it is just not good enough for me anymore.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

i wish i felt your pain, unfortunately, I put greg in this position all the time. I am so forgetful, I have to physically touch keys, wallet and cell phone before I leave my house because I know I'll forget. i love your funny fridays:)

The Nasmans said...

I just bring my purse no matter what, because let's be honest, can we really trust guys? :)