Friday, January 23, 2009

How Serious is Frost Bite?

A few specs on Sam's vehicle:

Its name is yoshi
It is very fuel efficient
Its top speed is about 35 mph (38 with a strong tail wind)
It has free air conditioning, whether you want it or not
Parking is never a problem (usually)



Unfortunately for Sam we live in Utah, not California, so even though he bought it in the summer, its still his method of transportation in the winter.

A few specs on the outfit:

Hat: $1.00 at the lost and found sale
Blue Coat: $Free because someone left it at his house
Black Coat Underneath: $6.00 at the lost and found sale
Warm Ups: $Free from "work"
Moccasins: $10.00 at the mall
Gloves: $Free because he has a good friend Eric that cares
Sunglasses: $0.50 at the lost and found sale



The reason for this purchase was strictly economical:

The Moto Ped: $900.00
Gas: $1.57 for 100 miles
Insurance for the year: $80.00
Outfit so he doesn't die: $17.50
The look on Sam's face when he gets home from that 7 mile ride from school: Priceless

I think I'll stick with my car...


7 comments:

Leslie said...

So what you're saying is Sam's goin' nowhere fast? ;)

mama izatt said...

Love that Leslie...you are quick. Sam you are lookin' hot.

garritandshea said...

Oh boy- you can never get rid of that thing- even when Sam starts making millions.

Unknown said...

Oh samuel. Please ride Yoshi over to our house so I can mock you adequately in person (but really only to hide my shameful jealousy). That is too funny!!! And Terri - your blogs are HILARIOUS! Way to live the Euro dream guys. Perhaps you should adopt an accent and purchase a small dog?

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I love it!! You're so hilarious Ü

The Nasmans said...

Haha, yay, I just now found your blog! Now I can blog stalk you Terri! jk Aw, we miss you guys. Seriously, I found your blog and started reading it and I was hit with a wave of missing Sam and Terri sickness :( We need to see each other soon! Love Sam's outfit by the way...lookin' good ;)

Jana said...

I think I would like the scooter more if it had a better 'backseat' option for a passenger . . . I think I usually can fit on the regular seat with Sam or Quinn, but while I was pregnant I was huge, obviously, so I kind of had to sit on the metal rack thing, and that was no good. Plus it scares me - the one time Quinn actually took me out on the road I almost died; I guess I'll stick to your car too!