Daddy joined us for our semi-weekly zoo trip. He was definitely the newbie that needed to be escorted and guided by zoo keeper Bails. It was a perfect day and the monkeys were putting on a show. Everyone was enjoying it except for Hazel who was terrified that they kept coming up to the window.
Anytime they came near her she would throw her arms around my neck and hold on for dear life.
She had a firm grim on my arm at all times. Unfortunately for me her little hands are so tiny which mostly meant a nice pinch for my upper arm.
The elephants don't scare my kids quite as much as the monkeys and gorillas so this viewing tends to be a bit more relaxed. I guess elephants aren't quite the sneaking up and startling kind.
Of course statues aren't really in the sneaking up business either and they still scare the heck out of my little Hazel.
Bailey did find her brave face though thank goodness.
Bailey makes me laugh on how she chooses to react to certain things. This peacock could have been chased around for hours by my little Bails, but the neighbors cat at night time meowed and sent her into a crying panic that resulted in me holding her till we got to the safety of our home. Opposite of me; birds terrify me way more than a silly ole house cat. Most likely because birds poop on me way more than cats do.
Don't let Hazel fool you. As soon as she realized she was in fact sitting on a seal statue she did start crying.
But its nothing a little cuddle and hug can't fix with her.
Like usual the polar bear was the highlight of the zoo. Every time he showed up so did a thousand other kids. Bails usually takes a back seat to being pushed around and just waits to he starts to leave so she can climb on all the rocks in peace.
Also, the seals fascinate her which is just lovely since there is always plenty of glass space for her to sit and stare at all of them swimming around.
Another great family zoo trip. I am pretty sure I have gone to the Hogle Zoo more times in the past few months then all 7 kids in my family have been to the zoo cumulatively in their life times. Bails loves it. It is the first thing she asks for when she wakes up and the last thing she wants when it is bed time. Even when we climb into the car to leave she is already asking to go again.
She loves watching the monkeys, gorillas, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, tigers, seals, polar bears, brown bears as well as the other spectator children. She has been known to miss seeing a cool animal trick because she is too busy staring at the group of kids right next to her. We just love living two miles from the zoo.
2 comments:
Wow!! What an exciting find! After no blog availability all week, I come home to see lots and lots of new blogs! Happy grandma! As happy as Bailey at the zoo.
Aw man, I wish I'd known you guys went to the zoo so much! I have a zoo pass and we're always looking for people to go with, but now it's cold and I don't think I'm brave enough to go to the zoo in the cold :P
Post a Comment