Thursday, July 30, 2009

What MCAT???



Yesterday Sam left his scooter at BYU and came home with me; why? because anyone would rather take the twenty minute drive in a car rather than a bright green 38 mph maximum scooter. Unfortunately, the bad news came mostly for me the next morning when he decided to take the (my) car to shadow, leaving me to fend for myself two hours later when I needed to go serve some sushi. Luckily Sara is the nicest person ever and picked me up on her way to work.

After shadowing, Sam dropped in and paid the Sumo a little visit. A visit just long enough to grab some sushi and then head out. The plan, like always, was to give him a call when I needed a ride home from work and that was that. At about 2:20 I decided (along with Sara) that I was starving and wanted some food to eat. My answer to this problem was to call Sam and ask nicely for him to bring me some food. No answer. So I sent this text message:

Bring me food. Whatever you want. Just bring something.

My plea for food went unnoticed and no call was returned. At 3:02 another call was made and still there was no answer. Serioulsy, didn't he realize I was hungry? I sent another quick text.

Ok don't get food. Just come get me. I want to go home. Please.

Still no response. At this point my anger was turning into concern. Early in our marriage I learned that concern was not usually necessary because he was usually around somewhere, doing something silly and weird, but this was out of the ordinary. He knew he needed to pick me up from work and should have been expecting my calls. At 3:22 it was the last straw. Still no answer. So I decide to think out of the box and check my voicemails (in my defense I had like several from the past few days that I had not checked because I hate listening to them and Sam usually text messages me). After I skip ahead to the third or fourth message I finally find one from my Sam (he left it at 12:07) and this is the gist of what it said:

Hi Terri. This is Sam (I could tell this by his voice so that was not really necessary). So I just got a call from this lady and I am not sure how this happened, but apparently my MCAT is today, not tommorrow, so I am headed over to take the test right now. I am really sorry. I know I am supposed to be picking you up sometime, but I don't think I will be done till five or five thirty so maybe you could get a ride home; oh but wait I have both sets of keys with me right now so you are locked out. Okay that is some bad news. Maybe you could just work late or something? Well I have like ten mintues to get there and this test is not refundable and it costs like $250.00 to take so I can't miss it. Luckily the testing place is pretty close to our house. I guess just let me know where you are so I can come find you in like five and a half hours when I am done. I am really sorry. Oh yeah the good news is I am feeling really happy today so I think I am going to do really good. Ok, love you. Bye.

At 5:24 he rolled into Happy Sumo to take me home. Gotta love my Sam.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Okay, so there are so many funny things about this story.
#1: I love instead of saying "needed to go to work" you say "needed to go serve some sushi". I don't even know why, it just makes me laugh.
#2: I'm impressed at your patience that you waited forty minutes after the first text message. I would have been angrily alternating calls/texts every five minutes or so.
#3: I still think it's funny that checking your voicemails was such a last resort. I'm contemplating leaving you voicemails on a regular basis (real long ones, too) now that I know you don't like listening to them :)
#4: Sam's message. Hahahaha! He isn't sure how this happened? That is some bad news? The good news is that he's feeling happy? Definitely gotta love your Sam, what a funny kid!

Connie and Brandon said...

I thought Sam already took the MCAT?

ash said...

if we start singing voicemails to you...will you start listening to them?? & I thought sam already took the MCAT too...